Saturday, May 3, 2008

Ahhh, Spring!


Winter seems to have abruptly ended around here. We woke up one morning and all the trees were green and the flowers blooming. One nice surprise was the rosebush that I thought would not make it through the winter. Instead, it grew to twice its size and covered itself with big, yellow roses. They are so fragrant, too. Every morning I go and clip at least three of them to bring inside. I don't think Mother Nature wants me to take them-- the bush is so thorny that the roses are almost too difficult to harvest. But, I manage. The other rosebush (with the orange roses) is not doing as well, but I will try to be patient with it. Maybe it will come around.

In the front yard, the snapdragons we planted last year came back with a vengeance. I guess they heard us talking about maybe pulling them out because the yellow ones did not match the pink begonias. We did not have the heart to pull them out after all, so we let them be and planted the begonias anyway. True, we could have picked something other than pink begonias, but they remind us of one of the parks in Krakow that we visited on our honeymoon, so they are the sentimental favorite.

No comments: